January 2, 2009

Happy New Years

Happy New Years!!!

I decided that I am not going to make a New Years resolution this year. Why? Because no one sticks to them. Well, I am sure some people do stick to them. Just not me.

This year I am going to make a list of small obtainable goals that I wish to achieve. Then hopefully I can build on them, baby steps right? So in no particular order is my goal list:

  1. Take an educational course on something every month. I already enrolled in January’s course a Wilderness Survival Core Seminar . I am super excited about this, and will tell you how it goes and what I learned.
  2. Tidy up for at least 10mins a day. I am always amazed at what can be done in a measly 10 minutes, now why I can’t always manage to find the 10 minutes I will never know.
  3. Send cards by mail. Everyone likes getting mail. I often write quick notes to my friends and family back home but they never seem to make it to the mail box. This I need to work on. Especially because I need to remain in contact with some elderly loved ones who don’t have e-mail. I just need to remember to BUY STAMPS.
  4. Put the laundry away. I am really good at washing laundry and drying it. I am even not too bad at folding it but I am absolutely horrid at putting it away. I really must work on this. Seriously, I do.
  5. Do one random act of kindness a day. As humans and especially as Christians this should come as second nature to us but I want to make a effort to make sure I do this.
  6. Buy local more often. I just read the book “The 100 Mile Diet” by Alisa Smith & J.B. McKinnon. . It’s a great book and really made me think about where my food comes from . Here is a link to another interesting article on this "Eating Local: a matter of integrity." I think that trying to buy local really supports the economy and the environment. It’s a win win situation.

I am sure that there are many more small goals I should work towards but this is my jumping off point.

What are your goals for 2009?

No comments:

Post a Comment