December 3, 2008

For Today...
Dear Lord,
I bring you my shortcomings... Today I am especially bothered by my recurrent tendency to worry. I often worry about the silliest things instead of leaving them to you. Even things which are so silly that one shouldn't dwell on them. I once heard that to worry was to tell God he was not doing his job correct.

I bring you my worship and praise... For always being there for me and never leaving or forsaking me. I have strayed far but you were always there waiting with open arms.

I bring you my prayer... That I remember to be more thankful for things and to worry less. I also bring you my prayer that my blog will be of some benefit to you.

You spoke to me...
... and be content with such things as ye have: for he hath said, I will never leave thee, nor forsake thee.
Hebrews 13:5 (King James Version)

2 comments:

  1. Great devotional. I agree, worry is like telling God you are taking over. Just wrap it up, deposit it in his very capable hands and go on - so easy to say, yet so hard to do!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just followed your comment from Ree's blog and had to wave hello from down in Calgary! :^D
    http://www.shawnanigans.net

    ReplyDelete